... My eyes then flew open and sucked in the darkness. But as I screamed for fear of what I unknew, my ears were deafened to my own voice. I was drenched to the very mattress in my cold, thick sweat. My body shivered from the heat that I felt. It was like someone stole one of Hell's heaters and installed it in my room. My tongue was twisted between my chattering teeth. My soul felt void and my spirit numb. As I tried to reach out for my duvet for some sense of protection, I couldn't feel my hands. My heart beat took the toll of a drum roll as the silence cut through the atmosphere like a crashing helicopter. "What's happening?" I thought within me. "Am I dead?" Just then I felt a hot liquid steal out of my body, I had urinated on myself! "Whew!! At least I'm alive!" I jubilated. But I still did not understand. "Why am I feeling so 'dead' if I'm alive? It must be that stupid Tumise! She thinks her juju is stronger than mine! I will show her!"
Tumise is my christian class mate. She is my definition of a pest, disturbing me to give my life to Christ. 'He'll protect you and provide for you' she says. 'Who cares about your Christ?' I yell at her. 'I am well protected by my father's charms and my Aristoes take better care of me than your damn Christ ever can! Fucking Holy Mary oshi! Mscheeew' I snap back at her. Many times I don't even let her start. I just walk away and leave her shaking her head. As far as I am concerned the so called 'Christ' that she talks about is a fable. At the mere thought of her I became angry. As tried to utter some of the chants and incantations that my father taught me, I suddenly bit my twisted tongue so hard that it bled. I was in shock and in too much pain to try it again. "Argh! What was that! And why is this happening to me?" I cried but my tears failed me.
Just then, I felt a terrible migraine and like flashes of lightening or strobe, images of the dream I had came alive before me and gradually I felt my soul being sipped away by a wind-like force. I stuggled and cursed but my whole body was still. I was exremely infuriated so I gave up and not long after, somehow through the darkness, I saw my own body. "Eewww!" I yelped. I looked like an albino goat who had just seen its black kitten of a child! Just imagine! I did not even realise I was naked! *sigh* I was still hanging in the air when I felt a cloak cover me. I came back to reality. I was so scared I started begging " Please! Whoever you are. If I've offended you, I am sincerely sorry. Please just make me normal again." I was crying already. I got no reply instead I was carried by the same force into a tunnel. An eerie whisper floated into my ears saying: "You are to live this dream and this is just The Beginning!"
No comments:
Post a Comment